Bio-magnification and Bio-accumulation in Water
“Radioactive Heavy Metal Poison Plutonium, Cesium, Cerium, Iodine Bioaccumulation to 26,000 Times in Ocean Algae or Plankton, to 5,570,000 Bq/Kg in Land Algae, Biomagnification from there, WHOI, Jay Cullen Refuse to Test”
Published to a Green Road Journal. January 2017.
- The problem is that the ocean or fresh water is largely empty of radiation within days, but the algae and/or plankton is fully ‘loaded’ with huge amounts of radioactive heavy metal poison.
- One gram of plankton could contain a thousand times as much radioactivity as a gram of water adjacent to it.
- It tends to concentrate in the liver of fish.
- Bio-accumulation happens at the bottom of the food chain.
- Organisms that accumulate certain radioactive substances in especially high concentrations are called bio-indicators of radioactive contamination.
- Bio-magnification happens when the first layer of life that bio-accumulated radiation is then eaten by the next layer of living things, which bio-maginifies that radiation further.
- 80% of all long term chronic and cumulative radiation exposure in human beings comes from food and drinks, not from exposure to radiation in the environment.